Wednesday, January 3, 2018

WC FIELDS/DIDN'T DO IT FOR ME!


        I was eagerly awaiting the movie on TMC channel last night "Bank Dick" starring WC Fields. I didn't make it. Maybe, I made the mistake of watching two earlier Field's movies from the 1930's. I didn't find them that funny and by the time 9:45 PM rolled around, I was napping and just lost all interest.

         Through the years, I have stuck with the 3 Stooges and they have never let me down. Some of the "bits" that Fields has done I still find classic, but, to watch a whole movie of him, I lost interest. Even, Abbott and Costello can keep my interest better and I'm not big fans of theirs. 

         Some people love Lucille Ball, Red Skelton, and Jerry Lewis. They were funny but not my favorites. For my money it was Jonathan Winters,  Bob Newhart,  Rodney Dangerfield, and even Jackie Gleason. It's what makes the world go around even in comedy!

No comments:

Post a Comment