Sunday, January 14, 2018

EXPERIENCES WITH A FRIEND



         The following was written April, 13, 1955, 5th grade,Laurel Consolidated School, Laurel, Iowa. Eleven years of age. Received an A plus-"Clever Writing"


                                                      EXPERIENCES WITH A FRIEND

        Two years ago Gary Campbell(class-mate) came out to my place.  It was cloudy on that day but warm. When he came we went in the house and looked at some trucks. Then we went outside. We went down  to our chicken house. It was pretty clean inside. So-o-o-o! we got some old pans and some corn, oats, weeds, flowers, water, **old medicine, dirt, sand, lemon juice, and some vinegar and other things.

       We mixed it all up into a pan. Ah-h-h-h! What a sloopy mess! I hate to say would it looked like. After we cleaned up the mess we played with my trucks. We played on top of the cave.  It started raining and Gary had to go home. 

       Gary and I about always do things together. For instance, I stayed at his place twice, he stayed at my place three times, we go swimming together, and, go to shows together. I even go to ballgames with him. That's why we're good friends. Was that mess messy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment