Friday, January 12, 2018

A HOT ROD MADE OF JELLO!


       I would like to share another assignment piece that I wrote 3/11/1955 while in grade school at Laurel, Iowa.

A JELLO HOT ROD RACER

One day while I was eating dinner my jello started shivering. I
                     wondered what was the matter. For about a week I didn't think 
                     anything about it. Then. the next week it started shivering again.

                               When I started in eating the jello it began dancing around. My
                     hair stood up like porcupine quills. It started going around the table 
                     like a hot rod racer. It was shaking and going so fast that it looked 
                     like an old beat-up Ford.

                                I found out that he was afraid that I was going to stab him 
                      with my spoon. I put my hand like a stop sign. He came around the 
                       last lap and stopped with a screech. I apologized to him. I never ate 
                      him again. After awhile he got stale and I had to thaw him out. The 
                      next second he was running away. That's why I call it a Jello Hot 
                     Rod Racer!

No comments:

Post a Comment