Saturday, January 13, 2018

"SWIMMING IN COLD WATER."


         Written April 22, 1955, 5th grade, Laurel Consolidated School, Laurel, Iowa. 11 years old.
Happily, I receive an A plus.

                                               SWIMMING IN COLD WATER

          Last year I took swimming lessons at the Municipal pool.  (Marshalltown, Iowa) Gary Campbell, and Mike Stineman went with me. My sister(Doris) was driving that day. When we got up to Marshalltown she had to go to the store and get something. She tried to park and hit an old Cadilac. The guy with the cigar in his mouth in the Cad gave her a dirty look. Ha-Ha!

       When we finally got down there we waited until it was our turn. Then we went in. It was a nice day. I was in class "four" then. We jumped in and You-eee! Br-r-r! was it cold. I got out of there fast. We had to swim to the diving board and back. For a minute there I thought my leg was frozen. 
    
          Then we had to dive in and stay under. When we came up we had to get out. Was I glad. Oh, Yes! They just put in fresh water. That's why it was so cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment