Monday, January 22, 2018

THE DAY IT RAINED ON CLEAR DAY


       Recently, I found an old brochure on Camp Mitigwa near Boone, Iowa that I had kept while attending there as a young boy and Boy Scout in Laurel, Iowa. My memories have faded about the expeience over the many years, but one remains very clear.

           One day I was walking along this path to the PX/Commissary, where you bought everything from candy, materials to make bracelets, and post cards. I recall very vividly feeling it start to gently rain. I remember looking up very puzzled as there didn't appear to be a cloud in the sky. I'll never forget that moment. 

      And, of course there has been several songs about rain/clear day. But, my all time favorite from the mid 1970's and after coming back to happier times after a devastating divorce, was Johnny Nash's "I Can See Clearly Now." Both happy memories stay twined forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment