Friday, January 12, 2018

HOW MUCH WAS THAT APARTMENT?


         I came across an old letter that I had written my mother on 8/3/1966.We were moving out of Ross Hall-Married Student Dormintory-at Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa, and since Iwould be graduating in January needed to find new housing. 

         I mentioned to mom that we had been out looking for an apartment, but, the nice ones were priced "Terribly High." For what it is worth we did find a brand new never lived in 2 bedroom unit with a single garage and window air-conditioner for $130.00 a month. I don't re-call the break-down exactly on the utilities, but, believe we just paid for electricity.

            Up till then our rent at Drake had been around $90.00. The interesting thing about our new apartment was that the address was 7705 Dennis Drive in Urbandale. It was just off Douglas Avenue and at the time in the edge of the city.  

       

         

No comments:

Post a Comment