Saturday, January 27, 2018

GET THEIR STORIES-BEFORE TOO LATE!


       I can't believe it's been over ten years ago when the writing bug overwhelmed me and away I went. It all started when I would tease my sister, Doris, about genealogy and how I thought it was like "watching paint dry."

       What I was tying to convince her of was that we all are more than just  names on this "Tree."
My thought was that we should all do more to interview loved ones and those that came before us to --"Bring them alive." One of the last people that I wanted to interview was a local Laurel resident--Mike Buhrow.

        Mike was one of a group of Laurel men, along with my dad, John Laverty, that went fishing annually to Minnesota. Since my dad died in 1953, I thought Mike might have some "interesting" fishing tales that he could share. Before I got around to that sit down with him, he passed away.

         It was because of that missed opportunity with Mike, I decided that the one person that had some personal and family related stories to tell was yours truly. My advise to anyone reading this is quite obvious--don't wait as it might be too late!   

No comments:

Post a Comment