Tuesday, January 30, 2018

COMING THIS SPRING/LONLIEST ROAD!


        Lately I have been doing a little research on my May 2018 Bucket List--"The Loneliest  Road in America trip!" Like a little kid waiting for Christmas, I get mildly excited about this new adventure.

       One thing that got me fired up was reading an encounter by someone who drove the stretch from Fallen, Nevada to the tiny town of Sigurd, Utah back in 2007. This guy said that he expected to see just"wasteland" but, saw just the opposite. 

        His quote was-- "It was one of the most beautiful drives I've ever seen!" He mentioned driving over 7 Mountain ranges in Nevada. He made a notation about "Notch Peak" as being the 2nd highest vertical drop in the Continental United States. 

       And, when throwing in the Great Salt Lake and Salt Flats, Yosemite National Park, and  Reno, Nevada which I have never seen or been to, it even gets more exciting. Along with Death Valley and The Grand Canyon which I have experienced, but, want see again, I'll be counting the days.

         No I will not be doing any cities or gambling in Reno or Las Vegas, this is all about natural beauty,  Seclusion, and "Only the Lonely!"   

        

No comments:

Post a Comment