Tuesday, January 16, 2018

I WAS JOHN WAYNE'S CONVERTIBLE!


      Written February 25, 1955, 5th grade, Laurel Consolidated School, Laurel, Iowa. age 11.

                                                   A COURTEOUS CHEVROLET

       My name's Courteous  Chevrolet. Last Monday I came out of the factory. Today, I am in a showroom in Hollywood. I have push-button windows, push-button seats, and I am a two door convertible. 

      One day John Wayne came in and bought me. Boy, was I glad! I had a real neat garage to live in. I got lubricated every month. One day he took me all over Hollywood. Everybody looked atme. Onetime alittle girl fell down and I stopped just in time. John Wayne got out and picked her up. When she got in the car we took her home. 

       The next day we went down to Warner Brothers Studio. John when in and asked them if I could be in the movies with him. The director said yes. The next day when we got there we started rehearsing. It was fun making movies. The name of it was "A Trip To Texas."

       We went home and John didn't do much for three days. Then the next day he came out, and said that we were going to Florida. We went through Phoenix, Arizona, Fort Worth, Texas, and Mobile, Alabama. Then we went down to Miami, Florida. We had a nice vacation and a good time. 
I got John Wayne back safely to Hollywood. After that we always went together.




**************footnote I drew a picture of a futuristic looking car at bottom of page with a "1960" below!

          

No comments:

Post a Comment