Monday, January 29, 2018

NEIL DIAMOND & SCALPING A SCALPER!


       Seeing that Neil Diamond will not be touring any longer reminded me when I last saw him, mid 1990's, live at Hilton Auditorium in Ames, Iowa. The story up to that evening started by responding to an ad for two tickets located dead center first row balcony.

         I had talked to my daughter La Risa and mentioned to her about going "if" I could pull off getting tickets as it was already sold out! The guy selling the tickets was a local scalper or at least I thought so, and he was asking an absorbent price over the par value.

         I told him I wasn't interested at that price, but, if he didn't get them sold by a certain time that afternoon to give me a call back. In those day there were no cell phones and I had to give a couple of numbers where I could be reached.

         By late that afternoon, he still had them and then I made a final offer more in line with just the regular price. The tickets were "legit" and we did sit straight on and dead center to the stage that was in the round!

        That last minute technique has worked on a couple of occasions including Billy Joel. Sometimes you have the attitude that if you don't get the tickets so what. The Eagles are coming to Wells Fargo in Des Moines --March 2018. Stay tuned to see if that ticket buying fest works one more time!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment