Thursday, January 11, 2018

WHEN $1 @ LAUREL WENT LONG WAY!


     
         I've told many Wriing Classes that I have taught not to do stories just about measurements, price, etc unless there is agood story to go with it. Nobody wants to hear you go on and on about the price of a dozen eggs back in the old days.

          Well here I am. In my memory cave, I ran across a "check" written by my mother, D. May Laverty, on October 2, 1956, paid to Laurel Consolidated School for One Dollar. It was for "Insurance for Dennis." 

          I assume or think it was simply for a type of inexpensive Accident coverage  for students while on school premises. We all know the cost of most insurance today no matter the type. But, for $1 to cover anything now or today seems unbelievable!


No comments:

Post a Comment