Monday, January 8, 2018

HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED!


          One thing I'm reminded of, unfortunately, when I hear or see "The Twist" by Chubby Checker, is how much my waist line has grown. It all goes back to those Friday nights in the early 1960's at the after ball-game hops at the old "Y" in Marshalltown, Iowa. That building was on the south side of Church Street across from the Marshall County Court House. 

       Even though I attended Laurel Consolidated School, I was dating Sandi Ferguson  who attended Marshalltown High School. During this time was when the Twist became popular. During that time, I was a whopping 150-160 pound range and by today's standards fairly thin with a 28 inch waist. 

      Plus, doing the Twist and with that constant twisting motion while dancing kept your waist-line in check. I'm not going to divulge my waist-line today because I don't need the laughter. But, I should probably get out one of those old records or purchase a  "Dancing To The Oldies" DVD and attempt to at least firm up a bit! Oh,well, it's time for my morning walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment