Wednesday, January 10, 2018

ME A POET--DIDN'T KNOW IT!


      Digging through my archives, I came across a poem that I wrote in an English class during my Freshman year at Laurel Consolidated School on February 4, 1959.

Dennis Laverty                                            English                                       February 4, 1959


CHURCH CAMP

I remember the wonderful days at camp
And all the friends I made
With such memories that I have
I'm sure they'll never fade.

Especially down by the lake
With the breezes blowing in.
How I watched the boats go by.

I remember the food they served us
After that they could call you "slim"
You usually lost your hunger though
After you went for a swim. 

I like to remember my days at camp
And all the fun I had.
Knowing that while I was there
How could anything go bad.

         
                                                                                                              Dennis Laverty                                                                                                                                                                                              *** The third verse, I believe, was my attempt at a little satire. I never was really fond of the food there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment