Sunday, December 10, 2017

WHY I LOVE AUCTIONS!


         Yesterday I attended a household auction in Belle Plaine, Iowa. Going over there for the last two times has been like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown. He thinks she won't pull the ball out, again, but, she does. That's how the auctions have been lately in Belle Plaine. But, I keep going.

       There was only one thing there, though, that I thought was kind of cool. It was a vintage, late 1800's, chalk board slate bi-fold & wood framed. It was old and had been used but still in pretty good shape. I bid all the way up to $8.00 and had to beat out a nice elderly lady. No guilt here!

        That was the only thing I got all heated up about, paid for my only purchase, and headed home. After checking E Bay when I got home, I was happy to find one just like it listed at $124.95. I don't plan on selling it any time soon, but, it always me feel good when I eye something that I have never seen before at an auction and just tell myself for a while what a GENIUS I am. And, believe me, I know that it is worth only what someone will pay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment