Tuesday, December 12, 2017

AMISH vs THE DUTCH!


      This morning I got up early and headed to Golden Delight Bakery just north of Kalona, Iowa. For some reason, I have always missed going there when in the Kalona area despite hearing so many good things about it. 

        Like many of the Amish buildings it is a very plain newer building. As I stepped inside, I wasn't sure they were really open as the interior was so dimly lit. It was like I had to squint as I looked around. 

      But, I found a few yummy looking pastries to take back home and some will also make their way with me to my sister's home` in Indiana. I did buy one tasty looking "Danish" to enjoy later this evening with a big glass of milk.

          I am glad I made the trip early this AM to this well known bakery, however,  Jaarsma Bakery in Pella, Iowa, I would profess, is still the king of bakeries that I have visited. Their selection of bakery items just goes on and on. Also, they way everything is displayed and laid out can't be beat. Plus, when I go into Jaarsma's, I don't have to squint or dodge horse droppings on the way.   

No comments:

Post a Comment