Monday, December 11, 2017

OBSERVATIONS ABOUT THE DINING EXPERIENCE!


      Dining out has always been one of my life's little pleasures. Eating out or at home is something to enjoy as a pleasurable experience, not just something to do because you are hungry. 

     But, like all of life's experiences, occasionally, things can go wrong. Some of the following observations while dining out can leave me--let's say a little edgy. First, when you are seated by the hostess and then no one acknowledges your presence for a time, you start to get the feeling this may be a bad experience. If you are not sure who your waitress is within the first 5 minutes it could mean trouble.

        Another observation is being offered too many choices--too many sides, dressings, pepper for salad, selections of wines, and so on. Let's not forget about the size of the portions. More food--more profit. But, as we get older we are eating less.

        If you comment on the huge salad, the waitress will simply say-"Oh! You can share it with someone or take it home to eat tomorrow." Hey! How about smaller portions, for less money and let me eat it all now. Besides, I don't necessarily care for leftovers. Tomorrow is a new day with new food tastes to experience. Life is short!  Normally, the waitress just gives that -"You are an idiot" look!

       At the end of the meal and waiting patiently for the bill, the waitress drops it off by saying "I'll take that when you are ready." She says this as she is walking by. I've learned to stop her cold in her tracks and with a quick glance at the amount of the bill, then send her on her way with my debit or credit card.

       Also, I've never understood why waitresses or waiters feel compelled to clear dishes from the table and then leave you sitting there for an unreasonable amount of time. Maybe I should whip out a deck of cards next time! Just bring the check and let me out of here!   


No comments:

Post a Comment