Monday, December 11, 2017

WHAT HAPPENED TO VANILLA ICE CREAM?


       Several years ago, when living in Marshalltown, Iowa, it was lunch time and I found myself at the Marshalltown Town Center and at a fast food place called "Blimpie's." It was a competitor of places like Subway and they always seemed a little better than other places like that, but, I digress. 
    
       I was in line for my usual Italian Sub and moving along the line and near the regular "Classic Chip." It was not in sight. There were, it seemed, dozens of various brands and types of chips--Cheddar, BBQ flavors, but, no plain chips.

      The young lady behind the counter, and who appeared not to be out of her teens, was ready to take my money. I asked about not being able to find not one "plain" type or Classic chip. I will never forget her reply, "Oh!" she said, "I believe we have some of THOSE in the back and they are quite good!" 

     I rest my case. There are becoming, in my estimation, too many choices, and maybe, just maybe, the very thing that started it all and was good is slowly lost in the stampede!  

       

       

No comments:

Post a Comment