Sunday, December 3, 2017

A LESSON LEARNED @ THAT PLACE IN CONRAD!


       Years ago, while eating at That Place near Conrad, Iowa, I always had a difficult time deciding to order Prime Rib or Walleye. At some point, I convinced one of the waitresses to come up with a "combo" that included both. Why not? There have been for years---"Surf & Turf!" I haven't became known as the "Combo guy" there.

       Yesterday afternoon,12/02/2017, while dining at the Ox Yoke Inn in Amana, Iowa, I somewhat did the same thing as in That Place. I ordered my main meal the had them bring me a chicken breast to  take home to eat later. I didn't want to do a combo as I knew it would be too much to eat at one meal.

         I chose chicken because even though I have never ordered it at the Ox Yoke, it was a very popular item and always looked so good going by me on a tray to another table. They only charged me $2.95 for a very plump breast and IT was delicious cold later that evening with a cold glass of milk. I can't wait till my next trip! Lesson learned. You never will know unless you ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment