Sunday, December 3, 2017

CATFISH-1ST TIME/LAST TIME!


      Yesterday afternoon I drove over to the Ox Yoke Inn in Amana for my favorite meal-Walleye.
But, after studying the menu, I decided to give the Catfish a try as in my entire life I have never had it. It just never appealed to me as it just never looked to be that appetizing. A homely fish that lives mainly in rivers. That was my perception. And, no one I knew ever really raved about it like Walleye or other fish.

         So, what the heck! No time like the present and I decided to go for it! What a mistake. I assumed that the Ox Yoke, if anybody, could make it tasty if anyone could. Nope! Not much meat in that one little fish and real bony. It was a good thing that the meal included tasty potatoes w/gravy, creamy Cole slaw, yummy cottage cheese from A&E, homemade bread w/ strawberry jelly, and of course, sauerkraut as always. The good news is I will be back sooner than expected to once again savor my favorite--Walleye!  

No comments:

Post a Comment