Friday, December 8, 2017

MY ROOM-continued


       ------continued

           One thing I did get for my bedroom at some point was an electric blanket. Our upstairs was not heated in the winter as my mom tried to conserve heat in our big house the best she could. Some mornings I would wake up and see my breath and steam coming off that electric blanket. I never did horse around on those cold winter mornings and couldn't wait to get downstairs and warmth!

        And, I don't want anyone to think I lived a scary life, but!  The stairs to the attic were next to my room. If anyone or any THING would have come down from there to maybe get me, I was trapped because the stairs and the door to up there was between my room and the stairs going downstairs. I would have been a dead kid! Even my sister, Doris, whose room was in the southwest corner, couldn't have saved me.

        Oh Ya! Back to cleaning. Every Saturday morning I had to clean my room. All clothes hung in the closet, throw rugs shook out my window, hardwood floors dusted including all DUST BUNNIES under my bed! The ritual and rule was simple. Room cleaned or not go anywhere on Saturday night. End of story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment