Wednesday, December 6, 2017

BEST WAY TO CHRISTMAS SHOP!


       In the last few years, most of my Christmas shopping has been done at the bank. And, the reasons why are fairly obvious as you get older and especially hiding behind the fact I'm a guy!

        But, when I was a younger single bachelor back in the late 1970's, for at least one season found found the perfect way to shop at least for a guy. My close friend, Bob Merritt, and I drove to downtown Des Moines and did our Christmas shopping at the old Younker's store on Walnut Street.

        We were greeted by a "Santa's Helper" who followed us around gathering items purchased,  and she also gave suggestions. When we were done she added up all the items that we had bought and we paid. The next afternoon, after work, we drove down again and picked everything, completely gift wrapped, had assistance with loading and headed back to the suburbs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment