Thursday, December 7, 2017

MY ROOM--FIT FOR A FRANCISCAN FRIAR!


       My room was on the second floor of our farm home, one of five upstairs and was a good pick on my part as it was tucked in between two larger bedrooms, but, cozier, faced south and sunny, and also had a built in ledge that went across the length of the three windows and room that faced south. 

        From there, I could see all who came to our abode as the driveway was in front of me. I could also see the quarter mile south and anyone coming from that corner and the mile west to highway 14. It was like a look out and my job to keep an eye out for our family as to comings and goings. 

         The solid wood door to my room had a transom above it that a small window which you could adjust with a device to let in air and additional light in. Also, the closet was a walk-in with an inefficient square shape. There was a small oval window that let additional light in and with 1 by 1 slats at the top one-third of the closet wall let light into the closet of the adjoining bedroom. 

        My room was decorated simply. A wood double bed with ribbed red bedspread, plain/simple varnished nightstand and chest of drawers. A metal oval shaped waste can with college pennants. No TV, no Computer, and not that many clothes in that closet. On the hard wood floors were two red matching throw rugs. On one wall was a western scene paint by numbers wood framed painting. It wasn't that I couldn't have had more"stuff" in my room, but, there just wasn't all the gadgetry & etc. of today. 

  -----------to be continued        

No comments:

Post a Comment