Tuesday, December 5, 2017

MOVIE PEOPLE THINK WE DON'T NOTICE!


        This past week-end I went to see the new movie "Three Billboards-outside Ebbing,Missouri." First, I will say I'm glad I went to see it and is one of the better movies I have witnessed of late.

      Having traveled around a lot of this country, I did notice something odd right away. The setting outside the town, specifically the mountains seemed awfully tall for Missouri. I never have seen peaks with that height anywhere in Missouri. Researching, I found that the tallest peak in Missouri is only 1,700 feet.

        Checking further, I found that the Movie location was in and around Ashville, North Carolina. The Blue Ridge Mountains in the area rise to above 6,000 feet. Sometimes I wish I wouldn't pick up on stuff like that but I just do.When I was a kid I would notice stuff like the tire tracks of the truck with the camera crew leading a cowboy riding his horse or shooting 10 times with his 6 shooter! PS I don't believe there is actually an Ebbing, Missouri.

No comments:

Post a Comment