Tuesday, December 5, 2017

ONE LAST FALL RITUAL-CLEANING ATTIC & BASEMENT


       More cleaning--I'm not sure if it was every Spring and Fall,but, yes, we cleaned the basement and attic at least once a year. In Laurel, at one time was the Lumber Yard where we purchased this red and somewhat oily sweeping compound. We bought a lot of it. 

       I bet no one in three counties had as clean a basement or attic. Remember, s lot of basements were just dirt floors ours was concrete, and our attic was the whole size of the house laid with wide wood nailed floorboards. 

           As a side note, you could see south to Newton 20 miles away from up there and to the west my Grandpa Laverty's farm one mile away. Plus, there was a small attic above the main attic. What its purpose was , I never knew. I never went up there as it would have taken a stepladder to reach it. Now I wish I had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment