Wednesday, December 13, 2017

WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!


       We all have stories about too many cereals and so on. Along that line, I've always purchased "traditional" spaghetti sauce so I can add all my own favorites--sweet Italian sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, and onion.

      One day while at the Hy-Vee in Marshalltown, Iowa, I was looking for my jar of Ragu traditional sauce and it wasn't there. Oh sure, there was Chunky, Garden, Mushroom, and Green peppers, Three cheese, Basil. NO traditional!

      I finally parked my cart down the aisle a ways so as not to block anyone and then got down on my knees and started at the bottom shelf one row and one jar, including all store brands, yuk! Finally! There it was. Way at the back just one jar. Hallelujah!

        And, while we are on Italian food. How about a quick story on Ricotta cheese for making Lasagna(I prefer cottage cheese) At the same Hy-Vee in Marshalltown, they have stocked low fat ricotta, fat free ricotta, part skim, and of course, whole milk ricotta. All in at least two brands each. Is this a great country or what!

No comments:

Post a Comment