Friday, December 29, 2017

A REALLY HAPPY FAMILY MEMORY!


         At the Kiwanis Noon Luncheon yesterday, the program revolved around a fun question and response on various subjects. One was "What was your most memorable family vacation?"

          It only took me a second to think of the times I took my kids when they were younger and skiing in Colorado. It was during the late 1970's and early 80's and at a time when snow downhill skiing was at a peak time in popularity. 

         Why it was so special was that it was something we did together from morning till night and for a short week. There were no interruptions with cell phones and one of the first times there was---no TV in the Condo. It was a time of constant shared laughter,  sharing, achievement, tragedy, and many long lasting stories. Even the journeys to and from provided memories in themselves.

       My children still maintain that it terms of times or vacations spent as a family those were the best. Of all the things that I have done in my lifetime, right or wrong, this time with my children tops all for treasured family memories!




No comments:

Post a Comment