Tuesday, December 26, 2017

T-BONE NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE?


       When I was a younger man, my favorite steak, bar-none, was the classic T-Bone. Not the Prime Rib, Top Sirloin, Rib Eye, Beef Tenderloin could compare--well that might be a stretch. But, it was the treat when I was even a kid and on occasion the T-Bone was pulled out of our freezer from our back-porch.

         Christmas Day and as I was alone I decided to have a meal just to my liking. A huge T-Bone, a baked potato topped with cheddar cheese, butter, and of course, a little sour cream. And, my favorite tossed salad combo---Ice-Burg, crumbled Maytag's Blue Cheese, Kalamata pitted Greek olives, sweet banana pepper rings, and some of my favorite dressings-Italian & Dorothy Lynch.

        I know. With some of the above combo, you probably can guess why I am spending Christmas alone. I digress, I actually pan fried my steak in my cast-iron skillet in butter and turned it constantly after searing. I even picked out what I thought was a super cut at the Fareway in Grinnell, Iowa. It was good, but, not like my memories of having that "Delicacy" from times gone by! I must end this story like I do many times. Is this a GREAT Country or what!

No comments:

Post a Comment