Tuesday, December 12, 2017

FOLLOW UP- FALLING/STAY OFF ROLLER COASTER!


      A follow up to my Top 10 about Falling, I was a very young  67 years when I was reminded about my body while on a Roller Coaster. At the time my significant and I jumped on the "Tornado," an old fashion large wooden monster while attending Adventureland in Altoona, Iowa with grandchildren. 

       Up we went on that first long steep trip up before that long steep drop down. Oh, how I love that second of hesitation before she drops! And, of course, I have my hands up-not holding on. I'm not a chicken! Are you kidding? But, as a precaution, I always keep my feet braced under the seat ahead of me just in case. I'm not totally stupid.

       I'm not sure what I did, but, my left ankle must have twisted a bit and it took at least six weeks before that "Sucker" healed. That was six years ago and if the situation came up again, I'm not all sure whether I wouldn't do it all over again for one more cheap thrill!


        

No comments:

Post a Comment