Sunday, December 3, 2017

OX YOKE AMANA A SURPRISE!


        I was overdue to drive over to Amana, Iowa, to dine at the Ox Yoke Inn and enjoy a little Walleye. My thinking was to go over early around 4PM and get there before the normal crowd and eat with a few other "Early Birds."

       Boy was I wrong. I didn't check it out to know that this week-end was the "Prelude to Christmas." There were people running around all over the place. But still, there couldn't be that many people eating at this time of day. Wrong again! 

         It wasn't that bad even though the place was full and humming. My number was 14 and I only had a 10 minute wait. I can't imagine if I would have waited till 5 or 6PM! I will admit that eating was more enjoyable with lots of people around than eating alone with just an echo!  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment