Saturday, December 2, 2017

MY AUNT TILLIE/BEST SUGAR COOKIE EVER!


     It's time to start or at thinking about baking those Holiday treats. I plan on at least making some Sugar Cookies with at least some coloring-maybe red or green. Part of my wanting to bake Sugar Cookies is a tribute to my Great Aunt Tillie Laverty who when I was a kid I thought they were the best cookie period!

         And, it wasn't just around Christmas time that she had them. It was all the time. The first thing on my mind when going there to visit was heading to her pantry and being offered one of those beloved morsels. 

         Even my mother who lived in the town of Laurel would ride a horse*(never was sure where she got the horse) down to my Aunt Tillie's home three miles south of town to get one of those delights. Furthermore, my mother wasn't even related to my Aunt and not until she married my dad! I don't care if by today's standards they were not that healthy, but, in my world back then they couldn't be beat!  

No comments:

Post a Comment