Monday, March 28, 2016

VISIT W/ COUSIN ALAN LAVERTY-OVERDUE!


       After the church service in Laurel on Easter Sunday I  went to visit my cousin, Alan Laverty near Laurel, whom I had not sat and visited with for some time. We grew up as kids near adjoining family farms and spent much time together at family events and just playing.

      The three or so hours visiting was like a marathon in seeing who could out remind the other of some great and cherished memories. I guess when you get two old Irishman together anything goes--especially the humor and laughter. Alan is a lot like my sister Doris in that he has such a remarkable memory for family and local stories with such detail! 

       One promise I will keep to Alan is that we will get together more often and just enjoy sharing old memories and maybe a few new ones along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment