Tuesday, March 22, 2016

SHE WAS MY MARGARET!


     My school classes at Laurel Consolidated School from elementary through high school generally ran at a ratio of 15 boys to 5 girls. So why was it that my closet playmate growing up that only lived a quarter mile away was a girl. 

       Karen Paul lived on a farm just down the road on a farm with her parents Phyllis and Virgil Paul. It was an easy walk. Karen was to me like Margaret was to Dennis in "Dennis the Menace." She could really be a "pain" sometimes and  bossy.  That's all I am going to say on the subject. 

       There were lots of times that she would say something like "I am never coming back here." Then she would leave and go home. I knew that would only last for a day or so. Sometimes I wonder with having a girl for a close playmate, losing my dad at an early age, two sisters, and mostly all female teachers, it is a wonder I didn't turn out stranger than I did!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment