Sunday, March 20, 2016

EXOTIC ANIMAL AUCTION-ONCE WAS ENOUGH!


      Yesterday(3/19/2016) I drove to Kalona to check out the Alternative or Exotic Animal Auction held at least annually. I thought it was something when I heard about it that it would be quite an event. It was! But, just not what I expected. 

      First, there were just too many people for a one day event. In one area they auctioned everything from chickens and parakeets to gerbils and fur-less rats!  In the other ring was Buffalo, Llamas, and exotic cattle. I am not sure what I was really expecting. Maybe I was looking for a few Camels and Zebras or Bears oh my!

      One salvation was before I decided that it was way to crowded,  I slipped into the attached restaurant and had sausage and gravy which did make up for my overall disappointment in the event. The type of people that were there, I would say, it was almost better than what you see at the Iowa State Fair or maybe sitting outside a Walmart for a little strange people watching! At least I can scratch it off my "local" bucket list!





No comments:

Post a Comment