Thursday, March 24, 2016

MY SISTER DORIS/ I SAW THE LIGHT!


       Someone the other day was overheard talking about their favorite teacher whether it be grade or high school. I know of one person while in high school that taught me something I struggled with and that had immediate results.

     It was my own sister Doris. I am not exactly sure what grade it was, but, it was bookkeeping. I just couldn't grasp those pesky "debits and credits!" Doris was out of school and was working in the accounting area of Hawkeye Chevrolet in Newton, Iowa. One night she must have sensed my frustration and had the patience to try and help me.

       To this day I don't know what she did or said to help me with that nasty "double entry" stuff, but, she did. Praise the Lord! From that point on those little devils were as clear as a Canadian sky. I ended up acing the course. Maybe I missed my calling. Being a "bean counter" didn't seem my cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment