Thursday, March 17, 2016

OLD LETTER TO SISTER DORIS!



     My sister Doris, recently on a visit, pulled out an old letter that I had written to her back in October 1966. The interesting factor in this finding is that I wrote it to her while living at 7705 Dennis Drive in Urbandale, Iowa and she lived south of Laurel, Iowa. Maybe 50 miles away. Why not use the telephone. I don't know! Letter writing was still used and one way to communicate even short distances. 

       My letter to her was not that fascinating. Just telling her that I was still a little upset that I had to take one math course at Drake to graduate as they had not computed my "credit hours" correctly and would not let me out of his one class. It meant that I wouldn't graduate until January of 1967. It always made me mad that I graduated in fours years and one semester! At least I graduated. 

        We have come a long way with cell-phones, E Mail, Texting, Twittering, Facebook, U Tube and others. It is still nice to have these pieces of paper and the historical value of how we did things once upon a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment