Thursday, March 31, 2016

CHERRY PIE IS MY WEAKNESS!


       I just told the story about a lady coming into the Burg Grocery to buy ingredients for a Key Lime Pie. It reminded me of some of my favorite pies. One right up there would be a French silk pie, Pecan, and pumpkin, to just mention a few.

      Recently, I made a cherry pie for the first time in my life and it was excellent I am happy to say. I also had an outstanding cherry pie in Kalona  recently at the restaurant tied in with the livestock auction place and made by the Mennonites.

       Years ago while living in West Des Moines a real treat was to stop at the local Village Inn for a Sunday evening treat with a cup of coffee. They always had excellent desserts and I would sit there for some time and go through the dessert menu and drool until the waitress would come back to take my order. 

    After some hesitation and a little frustration, I would always say "bring me a slice of cherry pie with TWO scoops of vanilla ice-cream please!! Some things like corn on the cob that you never get tired of!

No comments:

Post a Comment