Thursday, March 10, 2016

SAVING STUFF IS BACKWARDS FOR ME!!!


     I am at least hip enough to use the computer to gather news and other information on the internet. I am on Facebook, do a lot of my banking now on line and obviously use it to write on my Blog.

     One difference between me and the younger crowd is saving or using methods of saving my precious little stories. Most "techies" are always telling me to back up my stories with likes of "the flash drive or lessor now the disc." For me I am not happy or really at ease until I take my writings, that are on my Blog, into Minute Man printing shop in Marshalltown Iowa and have them print them into my "quarterly book" of my writings over a three month period. Up until now I have eight or so books. I always have them print up two books of which one I put in a very safe and fireproof place. Having my writings which are precious to me gives me a feeling of safeness over other methods in the computer world. 

        Oh, one of these days I will probably go in and have Minute Man show me how to download all the writings on a flash drive or whatever they think is another safe way to have a back up to my memories!  In the meantime it makes me feel good just to flip through actual pieces of paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment