Thursday, March 3, 2016

TAYLOR"S MAID RITE-THE MINUTE MAN STORY!!


      This noon, Thursday March 3rd, 2016, my sister Doris and I went to Taylor's Maid-Rite. Of, course she had her usual one with lots of just onions and my usual 2 with everything and a Vanilla malt(not shake) with a double shot of "malt." 

     Somehow our conversation got around to the fact that Doris had a telephone conversation with our sister Deborah in the last day or so and it lasted nearly 2 hours!  Of course, I said something like I couldn't imagine talking for 2 hours on the phone and everyone knows I like to talk.

      I mentioned to Doris that if I were to go around the restaurant  at ask each guy how long he would be comfortable talking on telephone, it would be interesting to know what the answer would be. The couple that was sitting next to us were from Grinnell. He overheard what I had said and immediately blurted out "ONE MINUTE!" I was at least thinking the average answer from most men might have been 5-10 minutes tops! Funny and end of story!   

No comments:

Post a Comment