Thursday, March 24, 2016

ALMOST MET WATERLOO IN BURNSVILLE!



       It was New Year's in the early 1980's and my ex-wife, May, and I went to Burnsville, Minnesota to spend the Holiday with friends. That evening we went to a near-by Club that had live music and it was an enjoyable evening.

      From there we went to another bar where my friend frequented. As we all probably had to much to drink, a bartender acquaintance of my friend offered to drive us home. Somewhere along the way we drove through a new development and the bartender driver, in his SVU, decided to drive up and over this huge pile of dirt. 

       The big problem was the pile had been "cut" into and when we reached the top it was straight down. We landed and rolled over. We were all stunned for a minute and I remember hearing and smelling gasoline pouring out on to the ground. Some of were also smoking at the time. 

       I remember sitting there thinking if my time was up so be it. I didn't really panic. Fortunately, someone kicked open a door and we all got out safely. Someone was watching over us that night. That was the closest I ever felt that the end was near!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment