Sunday, March 6, 2016

SISTER DORIS SAVES OLD NYC POSTCARD!


       My sister, Doris, surprised me last week while visiting her. She has been going through old albums and boxes of keepsakes and came up with one item that I want to tell about in this story. And, believe me there will be more to tell in upcoming writings.

        One item she had kept all through the years was a postcard that I sent her in 1969 while my first wife, Sandi, and I were visiting and staying with friends that lived in Bergen County  New Jersey which is right across from Manhattan. The stamp on the card was 5 cents and the card was purchased in Atlantic City.

       In that small space on the post card, I told about visiting Atlantic City, seeing the Broadway musical Hair and Promises Promises. We also were going to see the New York Yankees play that night and go out on our friends boat on the Hudson River the following day.

        We were very fortunate to have friends who could take us to all these neat places while there. Eunice was a friend of Sandi's from High School days and she married someone a little older and successful in New York City and treated us like royalty while there. I have written years ago in some detail this trip along with the first time we visited them in 1967.

        The main point is that I am happy that Doris had saved this post card and it provided some added memories of years gone by! I am not sure we are any further ahead today with Twittering and Facebooking and so forth unless we are finding ways of preserving those memories.

      

       

No comments:

Post a Comment