Thursday, March 17, 2016

MAY I HELP YOU!-- I'LL LET YOU KNOW!


     In the late 1970's and after I began my real estate career, I started to shop for my suits and day to day work attire at Reichardt's Clothing Store in the Roosevelt Shopping Center just north and near 42nd Street and I-235. The reason I decided to shop there was the line of clothing was of a "traditional and very conservative look."

      Suits were all with natural shoulders(not padded) and the ties were all traditional looks and the shirts were mostly button down and cotton. Although the cost was generally higher, I normally bought my suits when there were sales and received very good value. And, during trendy styles coming and going, you always felt that you were well dressed in a tasteful and conservative way.Plus, better made clothing always lasted longer.

       But, when shopping there  I always informed the sales person to just let me be and when I was ready to purchase after making up my mind, I would call him over for a fitting. To me there is nothing worse than having a sales person hovering and telling you everything you look at or try on "looks great." Baloney!  PS. I used to a let a sales person, at a frequently shopped furniture store in Urbandale, follow me around for awhile then politely ask them to leave me alone until I made a decision. Nothing worse than a sales person trying to sell a sales person! That store, Pidgeon's Furniture Store finally began offering "browsing buttons."

No comments:

Post a Comment