Saturday, March 12, 2016

REMEMBER THE GUESS WHO? YOU ARE KIDDING!


          Listening to the "Oldies" at the Burg Grocery the other day reminded me of a story involving my grad-son, Grant, when he was only 7 or 8 years old. He was up one week-end and staying with me and we were in the car headed for who knows where.

        I had the radio on and tuned to KIOA, the Des Moines Oldies station that has been around since the beginning of time. The group, The Guess Who, was on and singing one of their old hits. Out of the blue my grand-son said ; "Wow, I haven't heard them for a while!" I looked over at him in utter amazement! I said something like "what do you mean you haven't heard them for a while. At your age you shouldn't have heard of them period!

       I always knew the kid was special and had a exceptional memory for all sorts of reasons. But, this one told me something plus it was just funny. He is now attending the University of Iowa and wants to get into Law! I think he would be an exceptional Disc-Jockey along with his love of music and gift of gab like his Grandpa!!!! Or maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment