Sunday, March 6, 2016

THE OX YOKE INN-AMANA, IOWA


      After my experience in Millersburg at the "Home Town Cafe," I was determined on Saturday,3/5/2016, to go somewhere to eat and have good "fish" that  was close to a sure bet to be good. A year or two ago, I had lunch one day at the Ronneburg Restaurant in Amana. That day I had walleye and it was delicious.

        So, I decided to stay close and go next door and eat at the Ox Yoke Inn. Through the years I have eaten there and have never been disappointed. Saturday night was no exception. I ordered the walleye dinner with all the trimmings including the sauerkraut. The serving was very generous and battered lightly to a golden brown. 

         Sometimes it is fun to go out and try the new and unknown, but, sometimes it is also good to stick with a "sure thing!" I know the popularity of the family style dinning at the Amana Colonies has declined somewhat through the years, but, the quality of their food still remains. I was very pleased and I was entertained by the cutest little 2 year old girl with her parents at the adjoining table! 

No comments:

Post a Comment