Saturday, March 5, 2016

POETIC TRIBUTE by MARY ELIZABETH LAVERTY

****This poem has been the most read post to date on my Blog.


      The following poem was written by my aunt, Mary Elizabeth Spence Laverty(2/28/1923--1/15/1987)  She was the wife of my uncle Paul Mac Laverty(2/15/1923--12/27/1923) and youngest brother of my dad, William John Laverty(2/9/1912-5/4/1953) After my dad passed away she wrote the following poem in a tribute to him. 

      This poem has been saved by my sister Doris Yvonne Laverty Eddy and I would, at this time, have the pleasure of sharing it with family and friends. My Aunt Mary was a lady of many gifted talents which poetry was just one. Thank you Aunt Mary!


TO JOHN

There's a land that is,
More fairer than ours,
A place far over the sea.
God made it for us,
To come all alone,
I know he is waiting for me.

He molded our lives,
And made us what we are.
He planned each a space, 
And designed it up there.
He's waiting I know, 
We will meet face to face.

He was waiting for Dad,
And prepared just for him,
Along with the ivory and gold,
A land full of trees,
A lake, with some fish,
The place to never grow old.

Dad will like to hunt a bit,
The way he used to do,
God saw this in a man,
And molded it in his plan.
Made some brush, and many hills,
To tramp in all he can.

Now Dad is waiting there,
With God, close by his side.
When our work on earth is thro,
Dad and God will say to me,
We planned just your place,
We hope you will join us too.

           
                                 Mary Laverty

              

                                                                                                          



No comments:

Post a Comment