Thursday, March 10, 2016

I HAD A BAD FEELING ABOUT THAT LIMO!


    This story happened back in the late 1970's when I was single/divorced and living the "bachelor life" to its fullest. The incident I want to tell you about involved a young lady that I was interested in, at least for the evening, and had driven to her apartment complex to pick her up and go out for the evening.

      The apartment complex was on Douglas Avenue and very close to Interstate 80/35 in Urbandale. I got to the apartment complex a little early and found a parking spot, just sat and waited a bit. All of a sudden this big long black limousine pulled in and stopped close by. With the enterior lights on in the lemo, I could see two people arguing and yelling at one another. My potential date pulled her way out of the car and ran up the steps and into her complex building. 

      The Limo sped down to the end of the parking lot and did a U Turn at the end of the parking lot with tires screeching just like out of a movie scene. Then it shot right by me and out into the street! What did I just witness? I did , at the time, what I thought to be the best decision. I got out of there. It was the limo that baffled me. You didn't see Limo's running around Des Moines every day of the week. This was no rental for a Prom date! I never found out what that was all about. I didn't really want to know. She was later murdered and that story I will share at a future date! You'll just have to stay tuned.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment