Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A CRAZY QUILT-PRICELESS!


       While we are on the subject of quilts, this particular quilt has special meaning to mainly this Grandpa! It is a heavy old "Crazy Quilt" that I purchased in the mid 1990's at a huge flea market at the Varied Industries Building in Des Moines on the Iowa State Fairgrounds. When I saw it I knew I had to have it right away. There was something about it-lots of reds and it just looked warm and inviting. Besides, it was only $40 and at the time and I needed a warm cover or bedspread for my apartment in Marshalltown.

       As time passed and my grand-kids got a little older, that quilt got a lot of usage. When the grand-kids would stay the night with Grandpa at my home on Lily Lane, that quilt would get spread out on the floor in front of the sectional and we would get ready for movie time. Since not everyone would fit on the sectional, that soft and heavy quilt would be for those who wouldn't fit up above. There never seemed to be any fighting over who was delegated to the quilt and floor. And, most times Grandpa would cover those that fell asleep right there on the floor. That quilt has had a lot of loving on it through the years. It will always be the most treasured of them all.    

No comments:

Post a Comment