Wednesday, March 30, 2016

HOW IS DATE OF EASTER DETERMINED?


     This time of year I always like to ask people if they know how the date of Easter is determined. In close to 15 years of asking different folks the question only one older gentleman from Marshalltown could answer the question correctly.

      My stepdad, Maurce Korte, who never talked a lot explained it to me many years ago, but, on this one occasion I actually listened. It starts with the Equinox or the first day of Spring. It then is the first Sunday after the first full moon of the Equinox. 

       I always remember as a youth or even later years, someone would respond, if the question came up, that it would be "early" or "late" that year. Most responses through the years when asked the question, would be something like"I believe it's in the Bible. There you have it. It is a great trivia question if you want to call it that!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment