Sunday, March 13, 2016

"SPOTLIGHT" A MUST SEE!


           Last night I sat down and watched the Academy Award's Best Picture of 2016 "Spotlight." I liked it so well that I am going to watch again this evening before I have to return it to the Library.

          The comparison movie would be "All ThePresident's Men" from years ago that dealt with Nixon and Watergate. This movie deals with investigative reporting by the Boston Globe into the Catholic Church and sex abuse by priests. The stories won a Pulitzer Prize for Public Service in 2003.

     I have always been a big fan of the actor Michael Keaton since his role as Beetle Juice. The movie moves quickly and the supporting cast all are outstanding. Do yourself a favor and go out and get this movie. It is pure enjoyment and makes you proud that in his country we have a free press that can take on powers to be!









No comments:

Post a Comment