Tuesday, November 10, 2015

WHEN YOU KNOW YOUR GRAND KID IS A GENIUS!


        I knew  that my youngest grandson, Grant, was going to be exceptional  when he was seven years old or so! He was staying with me for the week-end and we were just out and about in Marshalltown at the time. 

        The radio station that was on was, KIOA, the oldies station that has been around for years out of Des Moines. One of the first songs being played was by The Guess Who group from the late 1960's. "These eyes!" I never was in to them that much, but, did enjoy another group called just the WHO! "Who are you."

         All of a sudden Grant says something like "Wow, I haven't heard them for a while!" I looked over at him and said something like-"Awhile! You  are really too young to even heard or remembered them!" That was one of my first measuring sticks with him.

         He now is in college at Iowa University and is thinking of becoming a lawyer or maybe a sportscaster! Another Harry Carry! That would be cool. Well, so would a lawyer, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment