Thursday, November 26, 2015

A BIG STORM/COUNTRY LIVING PAID OFF!


      When it comes to snowstorms, everybody seems to have their own favorite depending on what part of the state you grew up in and so forth. One storm I will always remember was a spring storm when living in Clive and I believe it was the one of April 1968

       We were living on 90th street in Clive, Iowa and and it stared snowing early on Monday morning. From our back yard there was nothing really but open ground or prairie. 

        I told my wife, Sandi, that I thought it best to stay put and not leave for work as something told me that this was going to be a severe storm by just the way it looked and my experiences of  days growing up in the country on the farm. It was one of the better decisions I made up until then.

       People got caught downtown Des Moines after work and some had to spend the night in places like Vet's Auditorium. I was working at Allied Mutual at the time and many of the employees were stuck there for the night. Obviously, snow removal has improved immensely and so has weather forecasting.  That country living did pay off!   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment